What is a School Sport Organising Crew?
A School Sport Organising Crew (SSOCrew) is a group of young people who join together to develop, organise and promote school sport and intra-school competition within the Sainsbury’s School Games.
Why do we need a School Sport Organising Crew?
A SSOCrew provides a structured and meaningful mechanism for young people to do the following:
• Contribute to decisions about sporting activities and sports competition in their school.
• Engage in aspects of school life outside timetabled lessons.
• Air views and have opinions listened to.
• Influence and shape school sport for their peers.
• Assist in the development and planning of ‘their’ Sainsbury’s School Games programme of activities — based on student voice and need.
• Organise intra-school competitions within their school.
• Be valued and seen as an integral part of the workforce.
Meet the Crew
Daisy, Kiera, Georgia, Millie C, Nicole, Athena, Millie K, Joe and Brooke all received training from PSP’s Mrs Joyce and Mr Foster.
Following the training, lots of plans were made, here’s a summary:-
-develop a Playtime questionnaire for each class and analyse and respond to the findings
-help organise a KS2 sports tournament (intra-school competition) for each half term for KS2 (based on PE session focus) - 1 per half term
-organise sports competitions for KS1 to take place at playtimes and lunchtimes - 1 per term
-lead PE sessions for KS1 children - 1 per term
Look out for reports in the Sports section of the school website
Read about the children's work by clicking on the documents below: